I forgot to tell you all that this week is Fire Safety Week here at Union! The campus is taking the time this week to emphasize how easily a dorm-room fire can begin and to give tips to students on how to keep their dorm rooms safe and fire-free.
The most exciting demonstration was on Tuesday, when the Schenectady Fire Department set up a mock dorm room fire right outside of the Nott! Students were able to watch as a “dorm room” went up in flames. It gave students a first-hand experience as to how quickly a fire can spread around a room (it took only 2 and a half minutes for the entire room to be ablaze)!
Needless to say, it was a nice reminder as to why we need to follow fire safety regulations and keep ourselves safe.
I’ll try to post a video of the demonstration a little bit later.
Have a safe week.