I forgot to post a Microwave Monday last week! :-O But, to make it up to everyone, this week’s Microwave Monday features not one but two recipes – One healthy, one…. not so healthy. Enjoy!
#9: Peanut Butter Haystacks [As Pictured Above]
1. One cup of puffed rice cereal [Rice Krispies]
2. 3/4 cups of pretzel sticks (broken into bite-size pieces)
3. 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
4. 1/4 cup of chunky peanut butter
5. Microwave-safe bowls (2)
6. Parchment Paper or cupcake cups
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5.
1. Combine the rice cereal and pretzels in a bowl
2. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring in increments, until smooth.
3. Add the chunky peanut butter to the now-melted chocolate and mix until combined well
4. Add the chocolate mixture to the pretzel mix and combine well, coating the pretzels & rice cereal thoroughly.
5. Make mounds out of the mixture when cool & place on parchment paper.
6. Put it in the refrigerator until it firms (10 minutes), & enjoy!
#10: ‘Baked’ Apples
1. Green or red apple (whatever your preference)
2. Half-teaspoon of butter
3. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or cloves.
4. A knife
5. Microwave-safe bowl.
Difficulty Level: 1 out of 5.
1. Cut your apple in half & remove the seeds and core.
2. Spread butter on top of the two apple slices.
3. Top the apple slices with cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or cloves (or whatever flavoring you feel would be best/most delicious)
4. ‘Bake’ the apple in a microwave-safe bowl for 3 minutes.
5. If you feel that your apple is not cooked thoroughly enough, continue cooking it for 1 minute at a time until your apple is soft, steaming, and ready to eat.
Happy snacking! (& Good luck in Week 9!)