Since Valentine’s day is tomorrow (!!!) Ive decided to provide you guys with a last-minute, Valentine’s day, microwaveable treat! [Original recipe found here.]
* Getting the ingredients for this one might be a little-bit tricky (I mean, can you buy condensed milk & salt in Reamer…? I’m not sure..) but if you have time to take a quick shopping trip to Price-Chopper or Walmart, you’re all set!
Dark Chocolate Layer: White Chocolate Layer:
1. 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips 1. 1 1/4 cups of white chocolate chips
2. 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk 2. 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk
3. A pinch of salt 3. A pinch of salt
– Aluminum foil
– Conversation heart candies
– Red foil bonbon cups or mini muffin cups
– Square pan
Difficulty Level: 5/5 (Uh oh! Be careful!)
1. Line a square pan or Tupperware box with aluminum foil
2. In a microwave-safe bowl (careful because it gets hot!) combine the dark chocolate layer ingredients. Put in the microwave in 30 second intervals and stir, stir, stir, in between, until everything is melted.
3. When the mixture is smooth, use a spatula or spoon to spread it out evenly in the already-prepared aluminum covered pan
4. In a microwave-safe bowl combine the white chocolate layer ingredients. Put in the microwave in 20 second intervals and stir, stir, stir, in between, until everything is melted.
5. Spread the white chocolate evenly over the dark chocolate layer
6. While the fudge is still warm, cut it into squares (the size of your choosing) & place a conversation heart on each
7. Chill the fudge, uncovered, in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours
8. Take it out of the fridge, cut apart the squares, and peel off the foil at the bottom
9. Place each fudge square into a foil bonbon cup or mini muffin cup, and you’re done!
10. Enjoy them, or give them away to your friends & loved ones :-)
These should be stored at room temperature, or in the fridge, if you don’t mind your fudge being a little bit more firm.
I love how cute (and yummy) these are! I hope you all try them out! Happy snacking! :-) (And Happy Valentine’s Day!)