They’re not only delicious, but addicting. And the best part? You can make them in your microwave. So de-stress from finals, take a snack break, and make yourself some Muddy Buddies!
** This might be easier to make in a Minerva, just because it gets a lil’ messy, but trust me, it’s worth it.
1 stick of butter
1 12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of peanut butter
9 cups of Rice Chex or Crispix cereal
1 and a half cups of powdered sugar
1 gallon Ziploc bags
1 Storage Container
1 Vacuum cleaner
Difficulty Level: 3 out of 5
1. Melt the butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter together.
2. Pour your cereal into a separate (large) bowl
3. Pour the melted chocolate mixture (from Step 1) over the cereal
4. Stir it up until the cereal is covered.
5. Pour half of the powdered sugar into a Ziploc bag
6. Then pour the cereal into the same Ziploc bag, and pour the rest of the powdered sugar on top.
7. Seal the Ziploc tightly and shake it up.
8. Let it ‘cool’ and eat!
9. Vacuum up your mess (because you will make a mess)
Hope this snack helps you to de-stress for finals!
Warning: If you find yourself eating your feelings/stress away, that’s probably not a good thing. Muddy Buddies are for the responsible snacker only. ;-)