Have a craving for something nutty, crunchy, sweet, and salty, all at the same time? This Microwave Monday I’m bringing you GORP! (Also known as trail mix.)
My roommate, Meg Sequino, let me in on her secret GORP recipe this weekend (which was much sought-after at her camp this summer.) Her secret? “Most people don’t add honey, but that’s really the key. It helps to keep everything together.”
-Oatmeal or Graham Crackers [or both!]
-Nuts (any kind)
-M&M’s are great too
-Other dried fruit (pineapple, papaya…etc.)
1. Put oatmeal in the container you are going to mix in.
2. Put a layer of honey over the oatmeal and mix them together. (It takes a good amount a honey but not too much to make it stick.)
3. Crush up oreos, pretzels, graham crackers and nuts
4. Add any other ingredients you want
5. Place the container of GORP in the microwave for about a minute or just enough to melt the chocolate chip, then put the GORP in the freezer so that it clumps a bit.